June 27, 2012

Rain

I know that I know some pretty good prayer warriors out there.  We need some rain.  A whole lot if the truth be told. About 4 inches of rain.... but... not all at once. :D 

And since today is the Feast of Our Lady of Perpetual Help, she would be a good one to pray to!  Incidentally I was reading about her today, she is also known as Our Lady of Perpetual Succor.  The 2 Angels are Michael and Gabriel and they are holding the items to implement the Passion of Our Lord.  The Greek Letters are the abbreviations for the words "Mother of God", "Jesus Christ", "Archangel Michael" and "Archangel Gabriel".  Our Lord is clinging to His Mother (a fear of the Crucifixion as indicated by the instruments of the Passion).   The part of the picture that intrigues me the most is the dangling shoe of the Christ Child so I had to read about that. In the Old Testament, the symbol of removing one's shoes was one of being ready to be treated as a slave or servant. (I could not help thinking about St. John the Baptsit and his statement that he is not fit to loose the sandal strap of He Who is to come... not fit to loose the sandal of The Slave. Something to think about there)  But Our Lord gave his "Fiat" inspite of the natural human fears, "Not my will but Thine be done."  When times are hardest, cling to your Mother and give your "Fiat".  Yes... be it done unto me as You Will.  Be His slave by accepting the stripes.  Plus... what are you going to do about it anyway?  Might as well accept all that comes...  you know it's coming! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment