November 29, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!

 

Before
This year our turkey was only 26 pounds. It was finished in just a few hours.

After

Meat's back on the menu, boys!

Little orange guys all over the place




Carving. One of many of my fondest memories of Pop (FIL) is Thanksgiving and carving the turkey



Lodi, CA wine

Cheers!



Walking the neighbor's horses back...

Beautifully plump doe


I received a beautiful gift box of samples from a dear woman after I was unable to attend her craft fair. I should post all the items but somehow I didn't get a full photo. This table runner is adorable.

Prepare ye the way... for Advent.
Setting up our rather large Nativity set. As a wedding gift we received a beautiful Fontanini 5" Nativity set from a group of people. Beautiful! Every year since (now 25 years!) I have added to it (and we have been given gifts) and now we have a good sized Bethlehem. Every day in Advent we put up a couple/few of the villagers. The child who puts them up has to tell a story about the "person" and his relationship to the Christ child (or the Passion)

The palm trees need some work so we will make new leaves.





Then we made some Advent Peg People (Saints)

Rather than the tedious painting we opted for Catholic Icing's beautiful artwork that we would simple Mod Podge on. I couldn't find our Mod Podge so I googled how to make it at home. SIMPLE!
Homemade Mod Podge:
1 cup elmer's/craft glue
1/3 c water
Stir until incorporated. Voila! Done! Worked beautifully!


Making some really nice buns.





No comments:

Post a Comment