June 7, 2021

How To Deal with Enemies

 There is only one way to Heaven... LOVE.  I've pondered much in how to deal with enemies as I've got plenty... And yes, it is crushing, I'm a people person. I like people.  This love has to be within yourself as you won't meet it by approaching those who hate you.  I found this quote from St. Augustine that I thought sums it up.

"You have enemies. For who can live on this earth without them? Take heed to yourselves: love them. In no way can your enemy so hurt you by his violence, as you hurt yourself if you love him not."


I marvel that there are people who just won't love. Or at least try to.  It can certainly be hard, especially when they malign your character and turn your friends against you. I believe Heaven is at stake, as in all things as Job would say, "Blessed be God forever."

Next, forgive from the heart. If nothing else, your enemies are your sure martyrdom.

Which all brings another topic: true friendship... What a rare gem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment