July 24, 2022

District Championship

 

5 of us went to District Championships
Rosie, Merry, Pippin, Bilbo, & myself
Fort Wayne, Indiana
The down side of competing is I often miss the kids' competitions


Our instructor (above) and his wife (below) are now 6th degree black belts


Rosie and Merry competed in team combat & sparring

We stayed at an airbnb, much more cost effective

Wow, so not envious *eek*
(though it is beautiful!)


Friends at districts (and other tournaments!)


Rosie





I only competed in sparring and combat and won district title (gold) in sparring and silver in combat though they were out of the medals.... it is supposed to come in the mail... some day...




scorekeeping


9th degree black belt and the most humble person I've ever seen. He has a dynamic and comical personality, full of life and joy.


Pippin brought home 3 bronze medals (sparring, combat, weapons). I brought one 1 gold (sparring) and 1 silver (combat). The others did great but sometimes there just isn't hardware. Although I could have gone to the world championship for sparring and combat, we decided that I wouldn't go, much as a world title is kind of a fun idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment