December 30, 2006

Catholic Devotion Meme


I was tagged by Heather (This is the first time I've ever been tagged, I hope I do this correctly!).


1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus? "Merciful Jesus, I consecrate myself today and always to Thy Most Sacred Heart" also "My dearest, sweetest Jesus, have Mercy on me." I highly recommend having the Enthronement of the Sacred Heart in every home!

2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer? a simple Hail Mary and the Most Holy Rosary

3. Do you wear a scapular or medal? Yes, I wear the brown scapular with 3 medals on it: St. Benedict, Crucifix and Miraculous Medal. I buy mine at Mother of Our Savior

4. Do you have holy water in your home? YES! Couldn't survive without it! We get ours from our Church St. Mary's Oratory, Rockford, IL, it is exorcised Holy Water. Very powerful against the evil one. You can also get some from Cukierski Family Apostolate if you do not have it available to you.

5. Do you ‘offer up’ your sufferings? Yes. I find offering little sacrifices for the children very effective in helping them, too!

6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays? I wish! We live a long ways from our parish so once a week is all we can manage at this time.

7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration? I would go if we had it available within driving distance!

8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person? Sunday Morning

9. Do you say prayers at mealtime? Yes. Grace before and after meals and a prayer for the dead.

10. Favorite Saint(s)? St. John Vianney, St. Philip Neri, Padre Pio, St. Joseph, St. Mary Magdalen and of course St. Anthony is called on daily!

11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart? Yes.

12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day? Always, I am not a patient person, I need all the help I can get!

13. Where is your favorite place to pray? In front of the Blessed Sacrament or in our living room in front of the pictures of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts, Crucifix, Relics (St. Julie Billart, St. Maria Goretti, St. Paul, St. Alphonsus and St. Elizabeth Seton) and St. Michael statue.

14. Bonus Question: When you pass by a automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved? Yes - always.

Helen’s bonus question: If you could visit any of Our Lady’s apparition sites, which one would you choose? Our Lady of Fatima and since I'd be over there I'd head on over to Our Lady of Lourdes, oh, well, I think I'd just keep on going and hit them all "in the area"!


I'm tagging Alice and Bridget.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the leads on the holy water and I plan to check out some of your other links.
    Blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tag, Julie! I loved reading your meme!

    ReplyDelete