August 28, 2022

July 30-August 2 - New York Part 1

 

Our Martial Arts School's picnic

Meanwhile Samwise, Belladonna, Cassandra, Bilbo, Pippin, and I drove out to NY. We left right after our friend's funeral and got into the airbnb about 10:30 or so in the evening. The next day we went to a beautiful High Mass in Buffalo. We arrived at the house and carriage house that my parents rented for all us "kids" and our kids midafternoon. Enough time to get a swim or nap before my mom's 80th and my grandaughter's 1st birthdays.

2 of my darling nieces

Hm... this was the place we stayed at. the sunrise was glorious



I see photos are out of order as this is the place wen went to Mass







Back to the part :)






delicious turkey breast and lamb

salad, pasta, bread, it was a great meal!!


the party was family and good friends of my parents




The hostess has known my parents for some 30 years and went out of her way to make things pretty





4 generations


My sisters and I had a rosary made for my  mom with birthstones from all her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. ... with opals for future great-grandchildren :)






4 generations






Mom and Aunt Susan (what a GREAT surprise!!!)



























s'mores and chat around the fire
















Dude Dad























A house Frodo is working on

No comments:

Post a Comment