July 12, 2020

Happy Birthday Rosie

Update: Covid-1984 test negative.... no corona here...

 Pea Picking

 Gonfalons!

 These "bomb pops" as they were called when I was a kid have shrunk considerably.

 Roadside artist near our house

 We harvested some of our basil and made this delicious pesto sauce. This recipe was given to me by a friend I worked with when I was a teacher. DELICIOUS! Combined with some fresh shrimp from the local fish truck at the farmer's market. Oh. Yum.

 Sometimes you learn to eat cupcakes when you are getting older. One of my kids taught me this trick. Not sure if it was better, somehow we think we have to pick up a cupcake and eat it with our hands. I'm beginning to wonder if, like a slice of cake, I should probably just use a fork.

 Due to Covid-19, we had to cancel the bridal shower for our 3rd bride-to-be in our family. Since we had already gotten everything, the girls and I had our own little party opening up all the prizes which I had handily wrapped in the prettiest dish towels.


 And I got alot of nice, new, pretty towels out of the deal as well as a couple hand pot holders. Seemingly the girls confiscated all the other nifty gifties.

 Haying time... and berry picking




 Adorable 4th of July plates (with uninteresting left-overs)
 As I was taking a photo of the red moon coming up (phot not doing justice), Galadriel texted me a picture of the red moon they were watching.

 On our way home from a 4th of July party, we remembered we didn't take a picture of "knee high by the 4th of July" which is always well over one's head, even my 6'2-1/4" 16 year old. 😂

 We were going to do a cupcake decorating contest at the bridal shower so we decided to just do this ourselves... without the contest.
 My favorite cake sprinkle are the little colored balls. These are all just pink but usually they are different colors.






 Planting more flowers and things in our hobbit garden







 Rules, rules, rules, more and more rules. Floor plans could use some help.

 Happy 19th birthday, Rosie!!!!!
 She really looks like me in these photos. I mean when I was younger. She does not look like an aging woman 😂


 Cleaning at Sam's house! He'll be moving out and in soon.... 
 As mentioned previously, we have had a chick-nightmare this year, losing over 1/2 our chicks. Devastating to me as I pride myself in our (my!) meat bird raising. Some died shortly after arriving and then rats ate a whole slew of them when we moved them outside. We've never had an abundance of rats before so that was a new aggravation.  But the hatchery very kindly sent us a whole new batch of 112 chicks (100 are meat birds and 12 are hens for running around). Bilbo went with me to pick them up at the post office. We had them held in Madison so they didn't have to suffer the extra journey to our local PO.

 They were just like tiny yellow balls of cotton

 I made a nice big pen (toddler "super yards" are perfect) and they just love it.
 Our 2 week chicks are getting fat



 Sometimes things get kind of strange around here.

 The idea of this picture was to get them all in their masks to go into TKD, but alas, of course, everyone turned around when I took the photo.

 After a high fever of 106, we took Merry into urgent care. The main complaint was severe ear pain.  Although not a symptom of Covid they took a swab anyway. FYI, the swab was basically an over-sized q-tip  rubbed inside the nostril.  Should have results by tonight/tomorrow.
Update: test was negative.

 Hello 2 peas in a pod.
 latest harvest. Everyone in my house is overly excited for another batch of beets and beet greens 😏
Also another kohlrabi, bunching onions, peas, etc... yum!
 My 9 year old budding artist



 A few snitched photos


No comments:

Post a Comment