November 25, 2021

A Blessed Thanksgiving Day to you

 

The whole family will be home for Thanksgiving, complete with 3 grandbabies!
I'm very grateful first and foremost to God, and to quote St. Catharine of Egypt whose feast day we celebrate on this Thanksgiving Day:
"Lord Jesus Christ, my God, I thank Thee for having firmly set my feet on the rock of the Faith and directed my steps on the pathway of salvation. Open now Thy arms wounded on the cross to receive my soul, which I offer in sacrifice to the glory of Thy Name."
Second I'm so grateful that my family wants to be at home together and my married children still come home frequently!
I'm grateful for both the dear people who are my friends and don't abandon me in my faults, as well as for the people who have chosen to be my enemies, who teach me so much about said faults. In the words of St. Vincent de Paul: “We must love our neighbor as being made in the image of God and as an object of His love.”
Have a most blessed Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment