June 30, 2009

Strawberries

The children and I went to a strawberry patch and picked 5 flats of strawberries. I think we may have eaten another flat while picking. The weather was absolutely perfect that day... unlike what I remember as a child picking strawberries on the hottest day of the year! But then all these little red beauties had to be prepared for the freezer to be made later into jam and jelly.
I'm not sure what happened to this little guy... 2 stems?

Is this the perfect little strawberry or what. Reminds me of my dear childhood favorite story of the Poky Little Puppy.


After google imaging for 10 minutes for a picture of the Poky Puppy sniffing the strawberry (my favorite picture in the book!) I had to be satisfied with this picture. I cannot believe on the entire internet no one scanned that darling picture! *snap*



All set and ready for bagging for the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment