December 2, 2018

Chicago and other things

 Our (fake) Christmas tree died so we are on the look out for a big one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. This one we won't be getting, although it is big. I am totally NOT an inflatable decor person.

 St. Vincent's had a great tree and I thought it would do. But the kids all said it was ugly.

 On-wards our venison/pork bacon was done.  It is delicious. We ended up with 25 pounds of bacon.

A tricky chess game. 

 Aragorn had his annual x-ray expo. I went down for the weekend. He stays at this old place, Wheeler Mansion. Free parking, walking distance, and huge, nutritious breakfast that lasts clear into the afternoon, the price ends up comparable...

 In addition to those perks it is a beautiful old place.




 Off to the McCormick center... hello huge.

 "Our" booth, acually it's the x-ray tubes we are distributors for
 Meeting up with our friend/business partner from Italy.  We stayed with his family in Italy back in February.
 Who'd have guessed they'd have cut x-ray machines.

 Just thought that was funny. Silly me.

 Cutest x-ray machine ever?

 This family has obviously had too much radiation.

 This replica was across the hall from our room at the "hotel" Saturday evening we went to the Oyster House for dinner and had the best sushi I've ever had. Yum.

Sunday we headed down to St. John Cantius for a beautiful Mass.


 Sunday evening we went to a Brazilian Restaurant. The most amazing gourmet salad bar ever.


 Then they come around with beef, chicken, pork, lamb and slice it fresh for you.

 Hugh wind, rain, snow storm.  I never heard such high winds... guess that's why it's the windy city. Wasn't as much snow as anticipated, but still delayed my departure, which was fine.


 This hot cinnamon tea was splendid.
 This chess place at the Wheeler Mansion was so lovely, completed with metal pieces. I really wanted to bring it home!



 I went around while I waited for my delayed departure (thanks to a friend who was going to give me a ride home), looking for interesting items for possible future sales.

 Ride home went by Medieval Times... getting excited for our future outing to this place with our young ladies choir.
 Said friend and I met with a mutual friend for lunch and then visited St. Paul's on UW Campus.
Got home to my knights and shining armor.
 Back at Catechesis. I am a helper so take photos for the FB page for our group..







 Rosie ended up needing a root canal on a tooth.  Drat. Locals, I can't speak highly enough of Middleton Family Dental.  Great people, gentle and very friendly. (says the one who is a dental phobic.)

 Aragorn brought Massimo over to our TKD school to scope it out.

 Our 2 remaining turkeys still like to show off for me.  I really enjoyed raising turkeys. They are so cute from the get go. I suppose one of these will be Christmas Dinner and one will be put in the freezer. Next year I'd like to keep a male and female.

Just enjoying watching a couple of cattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment