March 26, 2019

Catholic Meme Tag Whatever

I see this is going around so thought I'd answer these questions, though I should be paying the bills... again...

1. What is your rite?

Extraordinary Form (Traditional Latin Mass)
I am also partial to the Byzantine.

2. Cradle/Convert/Revert

Cradle Catholic


Year Baptized: 

1969
St. Paul's Cathedral, St. Paul, MN


Year Received First Communion:

1977


Confirmation Saint:

St. Maria Goretti

Name of Current Parish:

St. Norbert's


Parish Groups you belong to: 

Adult Choir and Young Ladies' Choir (whatever other things come along at our parish, always things that need to get done but that's not really a "group")


Prayers You Say Everyday: 

Holy Sacrifice of the Mass (most days), Morning Offering, Litany of Humility, Angelus, Rosary, Act of Contrition, St. Michael, Chaplet of Divine Mercy (on Sundays), Grace before and after meals, Memorare, various short prayers (there are others I say as well on the "ideal" days haha)



Religious Items You Travel With: 

Rosary, True Devotion chain, Brown Scapular, St. Benedict Medal, Miraculous Medal (though I need a replacement at the moment)
For Mass - black veil, missal


Do you go to Adoration?

Yes, Thursdays


Last Time You Went to Confession?

This morning, I usually go weekly.


Color of your favorite rosary?

silver is the one I carry with me. I love my red Sacred Heart one though I usually lose that one

Convert that helped your faith?

Hmmm....


Cradle Catholic that helped your faith?

Too many to mention


Weirdest thing about being Catholic?

Hmmm..... is it weird?


Best Thing about being Catholic? 

One thing? Hmm... I guess I'd have to say we keep a special place for Our Blessed Mother.  (For those not Catholic who might right read this.... we don't idolize her... we love her as Christ's Mother... like He did... and boy did He love His Mother). Two of my favorite things to think about are the Annunciation, the Visitation, and when Our Lord met Our Blessed Mother on the road to Calvary.


Your Patron Saints? 

St. Julie Billiart
St. Juliana
St. Anne
St. Maria Goretti


Favorite Saints?

My list is huge. But I'll name some
St. Augustine, St. Monica, St. Joan of Arc, St. Thersea of Avila, St. Mary Magdalene, St. Cecilia, St. Padre Pio, St. Kateri Tekakwitha, St. Maria Goretti, St. Catherine of Siena, St. Maximilian Kolbe,  St. John Vianney, St. Philip Neri, St. Jose Sanchez, St. Peter, St. Paul, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Claire, St. Gemma Galgani, St. Benedict, St. Michael, St. Joseph...


Favorite Parable?

Prodigal Son

Favorite Psalm?

Hmmm... I'm not sure. Probably the Lord is My Shepherd


Favorite Religious Order?

Benedictines or Franciscans (but that is probably more because of my devotion to St. Benedict)

Favorite Catholic singer/band

Benedictines of Mary at Ephesus... I don't like Christian Rock (which is what I think of when IN think of singer/band

Really like Andre Boccelli but not sure if he's Catholic


Favorite Spiritual Author?

St. Francis De Sales


Favorite Prayer?

Memorare


Favorite Marian Devotion?

True Devotion to Mary
Our Lady of Perpetual Help


Favorite Pope?

I can't say I have a favorite Pope unless it was St. Peter, however, I like Pope Pius XII as the WWII pope.


Favorite Biblical Character?

St. Peter
St. Mary Magdalen
St. Joseph


Favorite Catholic Movie?

St. Joan of Arc
St. Joseph Cupertino

Favorite Catholic Song?  

Oh my goodness, I sing in choirs, I have MANY! I love Palestrina. 

Favorite Encyclical?

No idea.

Favorite Marian Hymn

Once again, there are so many, I'm not sure where to begin...

Favorite book written by a saint?

Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis DeSales


Favorite Catholic meme?

This one (haha)


Favorite Liturgical Season

Easter


Favorite Feast Day: 

March 25 - Annunciation


Favorite Part of Mass?

Holy Communion, of course

Favorite Sacred Hymn?

I love Kevin Allen pieces


Favorite Gospel?

St. John


Favorite Martyr?

Oh boy, I LOVE martyrs, how am I to choose? I love the story of the 40 martyrs of Sabaste


Favorite approved title of Our Lady?

Our Lady of Perpetual Help


Favorite Bible Translation?

Douay-Rheims.

Religious Life or Married? 

Married

Homeschooling or Catholic School?

homeschooling

G.K. Chesterton or C.S. Lewis?

Both (thought they aren't my top reads, I like Lewis' Narnia (alot), and I like Chesterton's quick quotes)

St. Peter or St. Paul? 

Both
St. Paul - he's fiery and converted instantly
St. Peter - he's impetuous, and the funniest person in the bible

St. Thomas Aquinas or St. Augustine? 

Both

And now I'm supposed to tag but I haven't anyone to tag so... if you read this, you are tagged

No comments:

Post a Comment