January 3, 2021

Psalm 3

Sometimes I marvel (and am grievously pained) by what seemingly is revealed to our enemies and yet, has not been revealed to us about our character. Truly it is a marvel at the constant work the evil one does to reveal to said enemies about the state of our very souls. Truly it is a wonder.  

In attempting to "read the Bible in a year", I came today to Psalm 3:

Why, O Lord, are they multiplied that afflict me? Many are they who rise up against me. Many say to my soul: There is no salvation for him in his God. 

But Thou, O Lord, art my Protector, my Glory, and the Lifter up of my head. 

I have cried to the Lord with my voice: and He hath heard me from His Holy Hill. I have slept and have taken my rest: and I have risen up, because the Lord hath protected me. 

I will not fear the thousands of the people, surrounding me: arise, O Lord; save me, O my God. For Thou has struck all them who are my adversaries without cause: Thou has broken the teeth of sinners. Salvation is of the Lord: and Thy blessing is upon Thy people.



No comments:

Post a Comment