February 8, 2009

Septuagesima

Today begins the penitential season preceeding the Great Lenten Fast. It is a shame this was dropped on the new calendar as it is a great reminder that for the next 2-1/2 weeks we need to prepare our minds and hearts for Lent. Fish Eaters (of course!) has great information on this liturgical season HERE!

(photo taken from www.Amazon.com)
A good friend of mine recommended this book to me... The Perfect Joy of St. Francis by Felix Timmermans and wow what a recommendation! I am about 3/4 through it and I can say I don't think I've read anything so enjoyable, beautiful and rich in spirituality. I love a book that makes me laugh and cry! It gives a nice mix of both the joys and sorrows of St. Francis of Asissi . I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. Our pastor, Fr. Saguto, FSSP spoke to us today about Septuagesima ("Little Lent"). Thank you for sharing this information and recommending the book.

    ReplyDelete