October 2, 2009

Wow - That's a Family

Most prolific mother ever
The greatest officially recorded number of children born to one mother is 69, to the wife of Feodor Vassilyev (b. 1707-c.1782), a peasant from Shuya, Russia. In 27 confinements she gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, seven sets of triplets and four sets of quadruplets.
Guiness Book of World Records

~*~
69 children! I wonder if she lived in a shoe (haha) I wonder what all their names were? Imagine the food budget! I wonder what the size of their dinner table was? Imagine the family photo (well... there probably wasn't one)! Imagine the grandchildren! I guess we are a small family afterall!

(thanks Jennifer for sharing that tidbit of information!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! The most children I know in a family was 26. How did she do it? Did she die young?
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't find any other info about her but my friend Jennifer is looking. The amazing part is she never had a single singleton pregnancy! I did the math! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete