June 3, 2018

Happy Birthday Marigold and the Birds

 Happy 7th Birthday Marigold!!!



 Our birds are born and on their way so I had this very cute little set up, that they outgrew every single day, no joke!


 50 Jumbo Pekin Ducklings
 60 Cornish Rock Chicks and 10 White Turkeys
 What was I thinking? Overcrowded on day 1



 Our pool kept looking dirtier and dirtier and Sam, of course, discovered the problem (nothing to do with the brush in the picture) - a broken PVC pipe.
 Frodo sold a bunch of "his" kittens.
 New swimsuits, cute!



 Ducklings for for a little swim.  All went well, but one day I put too many in all at once and one drowned... in case you didn't know you can actually drown a duck.
 Cows in with the layer ducks, really?
Ick, cats.







At Taekwondo one day, Kili decided to keep up with the fitness part doing push ups.  He next informed me that he is going to join Taekwondo when he is 9.  Ok.

 I'd like to sell off our one year old layer ducks. Any interest anyone?

 Went to set up some flowers for Corpus Christi and found a ball of surplices on the bench.

 I decided to try rubber bowls for feed for the ducks.  Next morning I discover them all cozy sleeping on top of their food.
 We bought these awesome buckets with nippies for the ducks, much cleaner and neater.
 For the baby turkeys I opted for a cup dispenser, awesome.
 The birds are now a week old (in this picture)
The chicks are getting so ugly. I've been informed they get uglier from here, but these birds are all about taste.

2 day old ducklings going for a bit of a swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment