December 29, 2019

Christmas Eve - WAITING

 I got a big kick out of the kids' idea of making room for all the gifts. 😂

 We have always decorated the tree on the 4th Sunday of Advent. This year we waited until Christmas Eve. We didn't like it. We'll go back to the 4th Sunday of Advent.  I probably spent so many years thinking how nice it would be and it was just a let down haha. Not quite sure what I expected. Maybe it's because we don't have real candles on our tree!😂







 I got sick of wrapping gifts so I just put out the new Lord of the Rings Chess set. If we didn't lose all the pieces so often we'd have a really large collection of unique chess games.
 The Most Important Reason for the Season. Our Lord Himself. This is a small baby size Christ. I fell in love with them when I was in Rome one year, many moons ago for Christmas.
 We are enjoying the nice weather, Celeborn took one of the horses for a ride.
 Impatiently being patient waiting for gifts which were multiplying. It's just a case of sheer numbers. Each person given each person gifts and outside gifts coming in, it adds up... just by sheer numbers.
 Samwise heading out to Belladonna's family celebration.
 So. Lutefisk. It's been talked about in Aragorn's family for as long as I've been around there (25 years) but I never saw it. It was a family myth it seemed. So this year Aragorn insisted I get Lutefisk.  I almost forgot as I had gotten some lovely seafood but with a last minute grocery run he reminded me.
 It meant boiling for a number of minutes of which I forget now. And then adding white sauce. The biggest disappointment is that it did NOT smell bad, and it tasted pretty good. Funny, we had planned on being extremely disappointed. I'm not saying we are making it every year, but it really wasn't bad at all. Actually it was kind of tasty.
 We had lobster tail bits, shrimp, Lutefisk, crablegs, salad and Celeborn's family's cookies.

 Oh and Eowyn's Peru Chowder which is AWESOME!
 Oh and some lovely cheeses from Costco.

 Getting gussied up for Midnight Mass
 HAHA!!! 😁


I guess this is an ornament that someone made last year out of a toilet paper tube and the outer-wrappings from St. Nicholas gold chocolate coins. My kids crack me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment