December 21, 2019

Happy 12th Birthday Bilbo! and Visitors

Happy 12th Birthday, Bilbo!

 Adding to our Nativity set this year, I thought with 3 engagements that the jeweler was a good one :)

 We attended Eowyn's school Christmas Pageant. She is the teacher's aide for pre-k 3/4. The teacher is also the music instructor and does amazing work with these kids!



 This soloist was amazing, see video below.

 The finale was the Christmas Pachabel Canon and was so sweet I had tears in my eyes. Bravo kiddos!

 Since my THIRD car died (they were old with so many miles) so I actually had to rent a car. Of course on this particular day of renting, I took Eda (the Albanian living in Italy) grocery shopping. Long story short, the buffer that protects the engine (I think!) came off in one place (I had wondered why the car drove beautifully but felt like we were always driving through puddles and rocks were so loud). So we had to exchange to a different car. It was FREEZING out and had to move all the groceries to the other car. HA! Go figures! Life is always exciting!

 Eda with Cisco's "help" salting the lamb ribs. I never liked lamb, too gamy for me....

 Opening an apertivo Italian fermented "champaign" (it isn't champaign but whatever the Italian fermented version of it is...


 So, these lamb ribs were so delicious! Never thought I would like them, but they were very good. Didn't taste "lamby" haha.


 At the last minute we were given 3 tickets to the Christmas Carol. It was an AMAZING production!



 The girls were decorating friends' chalkboard, this time for the Christmas season.




 Found a Christmas Crackers kit! one of our favorite memories of Christmas was the family Christmas Crackers, so we decided to bring this tradition to our home as well.
Guess who is 1st degree belt testing this cycle?
(Also Merry)

 Poppy wearing the Irish Knit Sweater made by my grandma!
 Playing chess with one of our TKD friends. My kids always bring their chess sets, this time he brought his and asked me to play.

 Kids decorating brings back memories. St. Nicholas statue (I had forgotten to put out for St. Nicholas Day), thin waisted days (hahaha), and the tiny stocking my grandma knit for me the year Sam was due. She also made one for Aragorn and one for the baby-to-be. Sweet!
 We took Bilbo out to Journey for his birthday as he loves seafood.

 My attempts playing with fondant. I was secretly hoping to make a wedding cake for Galadriel, however, although I still wanted to, after making other preparations, I think adding a cake into the busy set up will be a plain old stress point. Stress free wedding is the goal. (*chuckle*)
 I wasn't the only one playing with fondant, it got decorated pretty fancily.

 It's always a pleasure to watch Belladonna and her artistic creativity. Here she is working on crocheting... something... can't tell as it is for Christmas. :)

 We were blessed to have bid high enough at a Pro-Life benefit dinner to win dinner out with our Bishop Hying. Here he is talking with the owner of Delaney's (DELICIOUS!) restaurant. It was such a lovely dinner. The Bishop is wonderful! We are so blessed to have such a great replacement for Bishop Morlino. He has a great sense of humor and a strong faith.

 Poppy working on crocheting tiny doll hats :)
 Push ups!
 If Galadriel wasn't moving away in 6 months I think we'd invest in a better sewing table than her bed! HA!
 I made an ice cream cake for Bilbo's birthday. It's a GREAT recipe. (copycat Dairy Queen) Delicious!


 The new beautiful outdoor Nativity set at our parish, donations were collected in honor of Bishop Morlino who passed away last year. Lovely memory.

 This little pig followed Samwise around like a little dog. :D
Little Christmas party with young ladies' choir. They are such a blessing to have!


No comments:

Post a Comment