April 8, 2007

Holy Triduum

Holy Thursday

"I have given you an example, that as I have done, you also may do."

"A new commandment I give unto you: 'that you love one another' as I have loved you, that you also love one another."

"Jesus, the same night in which He was betrayed, took bread, and giving thanks, broke and said: Take ye and eat: this is My body, which shall be delivered for you. This do for the commemoration of Me. In like manner also the chalice, after He had supped, saying: This chalice is the new testament in My blood. This do ye, as often as you shall drink, for the commemoration of Me. For as often as you shall eat this bread and drink the chalice, you shall show the death of teh Lord, until He come. Therefore, whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of teh Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord."

Good Friday
The Seven Last Words of Christ from the Cross:
First:
“Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.”
Luke 23:34
Second:
"Amen I say to thee, this day thou shalt be with me in Paradise."
Luke 23:43
Third:
"Woman behold thy Son...Behold thy Mother."
John 19:26-27
Fourth:
"Eloi, Eloi, lamma sabacthani? ... My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?"
Mark 15:34
Fifth:
"I thirst."
John 19:28
Sixth
"It is consummated."
John 19:30
Seventh:
"Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit."
Luke 24:46

Holy Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment