May 2, 2010

Poppies, Poppies, Poppies

I haven't taken any pictures for over 2 weeks now hence the neglected blog. So as we were watching Voyage of the Dawn Treader trailers Galadriel asked me if I was going to put up the pictures. "What pictures?" ....

Poppy, Queen of .... the... Yellow Rocket.
Side-ways picture again, what's up with that? Anyway, yours truly had a birthday. I had a lady who completely did not believe that I could simply not decorate a cake, it is true, I cannot even spread frosting from a can with skill and grace. Thankfully I have 10 children who like frosting. This one turned out particularly interesting as Galadriel had spelled out "mother" with white chocolate chips and completely by coinkydink it turned out to have exactly the number of my age.

I'm quite sure Poppy is a child prodigy, afterall she is always after the piano. I'm sure it has nothing to do with large object making loud noise, she's such a dainty baby afterall. You can see she is about to open up Faure's Mass!



Nothing like a little drool.

Bilbo and Poppy are true buddies. If Bilbo can do it, Poppy can.... try.

Poppy has rather barbaric tendencies so it really is nice when she takes a nap. Daily the girls ask if Poppy can sleep in their room yet, this nap somehow she ended up there. I haven't been ready to give her up yet but the inevitable is inevitable.

I have always had a disdain for babies who fall asleep while eating in the high chair. I never had one that did that. I mean how does one fall asleep while eating? And here we go. Just think, if we hadn't had a 10th baby we'd never have experienced this! Of course it had to happen on the day she was eating pizza by herself.... not a pretty picture.

There she is again, piano prodigy. Incidentally, I did not dress her in this fashionable attire.

Bilbo so generously shared a loaf of bread with Poppy. Obviously Poppy is very pleased with this.


Poppy left her trail. It's always nice to know that the baby has a 2 year old brother to emulate. It's impossible to believe she is nearly 8 months old.

2 comments:

  1. Your photos and your stories always make me smile. What a blessing your children are! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do know, we all have to click on the cake picture and count the chips now!!! lol

    ReplyDelete