December 21, 2013

Happy Birthday Bilbo

 Happy 6th Birthday Bilbo-who-needs-a-hair-cut!  He celebrated with a Hobbit cake.
Incidentally, this is not his hair cut.

And so you ask, "Did you like the Hobbit Movie?" Overall, sure, I enjoyed it, however it was far more violent and head-spinningly fast-paced than it needed to be.  That rendered Pippin-of-the-already-fast-paced-brain unable to go, many tears were shed that day and much begging.  Maybe when the screen and speakers are about 1000 times smaller.  We'll see.  The movie has strayed from the book quite a bit, but I know how to separate movies from the books they are using as a skeleton for their mission. It satisfies my quest for good movies.  The dragon was exceptional.  Thorin is still my favorite... with Bilbo and Bard following. I really enjoyed the barrel riding scene.  I'm looking forward to seeing it again some day.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your son. He has killer curls!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete