August 3, 2017

New York Day 6

 I was able to go to Mass (Divine Liturgy) at Sts. Peter and Paul and again I was the only one.
 I attended 7th and 8th grade at the school at this parish.  
 On my way back to the cabin I drove by Harriet Tubman's home.
 In town we saw ever so many old cars.

 For lunch we stopped at Skan-ellus (between Skaneateles and Marcellus... get it? Skan - Ellus)
 Next was a jaunt to Uncle Bernie's and Aunt Margaret's house.  This segment will be back and forth and Galadriel took pictures at their house while Aunt Margaret when to the cemetery to visit the graves of family members.


 Picking Blueberries. Need I say the 5 of us ate 2 quarts on our way back to  my sister's cabin? YUM.
 Aunt Margaret drove me around to all the sights. This is the way up to Lofty Acres where we had many-a family reunion. (Dad's side)
 This is where my great uncle, Fr. Sheehan would spend time.
 He always had a statue of Our Lady and there still is.
 A view of Lofty Acres (and the house there) from Fr. Sheehan's house.
 The first grave we visited was of my 2 cousins, Marty and Timmy who passed away.

 Back at the "home ranch" the boys are enjoying paddle boating and zip-lining into the pond.





 Zip Line












 Next back at the cemetery we visiting the graves of my grandparents and others, above is the headstone, below are the foot stones....
 Grandpa Leo Maher 1897 - 1985

 Grandma Agnes Maher 1899 - 1981 (St. Patrick's Day!)
 My Aunt Therese who passed away last year.
 Uncle Bob who I never met since he passed away in 1961 long before I was born
Uncle Dick Davidson


 Aunt Helen
 Uncle Joe and Aunt Jane
 Aunt Helen had wanted to be buried way at the top of the hill where there was a view of the church.
 My grandma was a Sheehan so here is the Sheehan plot.
 My great grandmother. 1859 - 1937
 My great grandfather Patrick 1856 - 1932
He came over from Ireland
 Boys playing pool
 My great uncle, Fr. Lawrence Sheehan


 This is the church in town mentioned above
 Truxton where the family farm was


 On our way home we stopped in Truxton. This is my Uncle Frank's house that burned down last year, he has since passed away. I did not get to the cemetery in Truxton to visit his grave or Aunt Joan's grave.

 St. Patrick's Church where we spent many-a Sunday when we came down to visit grandma.
 Grandma and Grandpa Maher's farm house.
The barn

 Back at my sister's cabin we enjoyed more lake time and dinner

 BBQ chicken with Cornell Sauce DELICIOUS. We bought it already grilled but looks easy enough. This is what we used to have at the "St. Ann's BBQ" back in the day.

Ingredients

  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 cups cider vinegar

  • 3 tablespoons salt
  • 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions


  1. Crack the egg into a medium bowl and whisk until beaten. Slowly whisk in the oil until fully blended. Then whisk in the vinegar, salt, poultry seasoning, and ground black pepper. Set some of the sauce aside to use for basting while grilling. Place chicken in shallow baking dish, and coat with sauce. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
 Sunset
 Ice Cream
 Bridey and nieces

 Bridget's husband Eric
 Galadriel
 Mom and Bridget
 Story Time
 The cousins present
(missing 8 of my children)
 Silly picture
 Cousins with grandma and grandpa
 Mom and Dad and the 4 of us girls
Fred, Bill, Mike and Jake...
Silly time.

No comments:

Post a Comment