October 22, 2017

Lego Heads and other Faces

 Another Sunday photo shoot.
Girl with the same face, both with many.



 A little after-Mass Happy Birthday celebration for the organist and director of our Young Ladies' Choir.


 Happy Birthday to a wonderful, lovely woman!!
 One can't just let National Cheese Curd Day pass by without a little celebration...
 The all new attack chess. Complete with army guys and firemen... to put out any fires, of course.
 As Eowyn was driving home (working for her driver's license, we saw this sign by our bottom field.  Although there was a man cutting brush, I thought it a rather providential point for the men driver's in my house! That said, Eowyn wondered if she needed to bother slowing down... :D
 Starting to take 12 photos for while the weather was nice.... we only got a few worked on... but not done. Ho hum.



 Out for a walk at grandma's
 Up in the chapel. I want one.

 Why do up-and-down (portrait) photos create a very strange shape?



 Back in the orchard by the cabin.

 Some are harder to shoot than others... photo shoot that is....






 Up in the tree
 Marigold's picture of a fall tree.
 Marigold is always interesting in the way she likes to fill things in. The directions were to color the row with the fewest in red, so she colors in around the outside of each circle. The next was to color the row with the most blue and she colors in the whole entire row.  It is this way with each exercise, some creative thinking going on in that mind.

 Kili is a leftie.

 Went to pick up more apples at the orchard and thought this display of a flower pot gas grill comical. After all, what do you do with an old one?
 Some of the kids are attending a Hoe Down where the costuming includes book characters.  Eowyn is fitting some of the kids with outfits from her books.
 Ok, so the pool, I was told should be below 50 degrees before we close it for the winter. And since this year we don't have a leaf net, Rosie so kindly went in after some of the leaves. I tried to go in but got as far as my knees and ceased motion. She was in there for quite some time and came out unscathed.


 Time for Kili to have a hair cut.
 Snitching my phone.

 So, our 2nd dressing up party (before All Saints' Day) is a "Trunk or Treat" at our Taekwondo school, we needed to come up with an idea. So after googling any number of Trunk or Treat ideas, we decided to go as Lego people, ninja style (which I did not find a Trunk or Treat idea like that but lots of lego people which cracked us up). There were some really comical ways to make lego heads. Since we were going to use giant water jugs someone had to drink the water in them....
 .... or wash my car...

 I had a supply of hot glue gun, camping foam, masking tape, razor cutter, yellow spray paint, garden mesh and a water jug with the top cut off...
 Initially I was just trying to cut out ninja eyes with the razor when Samwise came over with a tin snips... worked great.  Awkward but great.
 I decided to cut out the eyes ninja fashion.
 spray painting
 Since we decided this worked pretty well (the lego nubble at the top was made with an old camping mat (not the whole thing of course, just a strip cut off... obviously)... I made another run into town for a couple more 4 gallon water jugs.
 Eleanor decided to take a shower with them....

 .... while Pippin had a big swig.
 I found 4 ninja costumes at WalMart that just need minor adjusting for Bilbo, Poppy, Marigold, and Kili while Merry, Pippin and I will get entirely homemade costumes.  The others aren't going to dress up, but I'd guess they will show up to see what some 60-100 trunks look like. Can you imagine?!
,
 This one will be mine and I have a long haired wig I can put on over it.... somehow....
I thought the caps should be used to sell tinfoil hats to any number of local conspiracy theorists, but I believe these are keepers at home.... I'm sure you can see why.... just like I do... *chuckle*

To be continued....!

2 comments:

  1. I would not recommend drinking that much water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those Lego heads look amazing! I can't wait to see your trunk.

    ReplyDelete