December 17, 2017

Capitol, Colored Belt Test and Stuff

 Photos before the Knights of Columbus Christmas Dinner. A slight bit of photo bombing included.
Samwise with Belladonna


Greetings from the photo bombers

Rosie's drawing of one of her cousins
Happy Feast of St. Lucy

St. Lucy Sweet Rolls

 We went on a tour of our lovely capitol
 I was there with 10 of the children on the day some protesters decided to sing Christmas carols with ridiculous lyrics.  Really? Get your own Christmas songs people. 



 The comical, quizzical look on the protesters faces as I took a picture of 10 of my children was... well... comical. :D

 Yes!  A nativity set in the Capitol!
 The Hearing Room
 Yes! That is a priest up in the picture! I suppose a missionary.

 A badger at the top of the doorway.




Rubbing the badger's nose



 A view as high as we were able to get

 I don't *do* heights so this was creepy! You can see some of our party way down below.

 In anticipation of Black Belt Testing!

 In the meantime, it was time for the colored belts to be tested.
 They start with bowing in and various warm-ups
 forms



 sparring




 fitness at the end



The colored belts graduated from green to green with gold (packer belts)


Awesome job!

 cuddly tot
 I arrived at Costco 12 minutes after it opened and had to walk some 1/4 mile to get into the store. But alas, I'm a highly dedicated Costco shopper (as any employee at Costco could tell you!)
Not sure what the chicken is doing on top of the patio shelter

1 comment:

  1. I very much love tours of our lovely capital. Can you believe it Wisconsin is one of the only states that has their capital building open to the public!! And I don't blame you for the "heights" I had a hard time myself the one time I actually visited that story o the building.

    ReplyDelete