December 23, 2017

Young Ladies' Choir Outing



 Once again our amazing young ladies' choir director spoiled us with an extremely wonderful outing. Amazingly wonderful! Sparkly-eye wonderful!
 First we went up to Baraboo to the Van Orden Estate.*squeal* I do love to wander through old houses.



 
 Here we are outside the mansion this one with our organist/director
 this one with me... I'm not exactly sure my job in the choir, I'd say someone needs to stand there trying to sing and looking pretty but...
 The mansion was a lovely array of Christmas decor.  I cannot fathom the length of time it took to gussy this place up! It was simply gorgeous.

 Butler's pantry


 Maid's pantry


 Maid's bedroom
 They had lots of old toys which were neat to see



 Though Kili would like to see all the little "army men"
 Bathroom, complete with Santa in the tub.
 White Christmas room. I knew there would be a room dedicated to this movie so we watched it but, as usual, I fell asleep and missed nearly the whole thing.
 This house was built in the "Edwardian Era" (which came right after the "Victorian Era", something I never knew, goes by the queens and kings of England.




George Washington Christmas
 I'm rather partial to anything violins so this was a neat display!

 Wow, this brings back memories.  Writing your name in glue and then sprinkle with glitter. On my to-do list for memory sake! Isn't glitter fun with children?? (not)

 Lots and lots of lovely old hats!
 Real stuffed animals
 I love dolls... 'nuff said.



 Rosie played the piano out of an old book while the girls sang Christmas carols.



 Then we got out the packets and our director/organist lead us in caroling.


 Poppy


 
 After the visit at the Mansion we paid a visit to St. Cecilia's Catholic Church where we were able to pray the Rosary.  It's a gorgeous church!




 Next we went to the Palace Dinner Theater.


 Must take a group shot in front of every background scenery :D


 Waiting on pish posh couches.
 And yes! There was a Nativity scene in the Theater! Way to Keep Christ in Christmas!


 We had a lovely dinner!
Fresh Baked BreadsRich and Creamy Tomato Basil SoupEntree
Holiday Ham with Tender Roasted Turkey Breast, Seasonal Stuffing with Sausage, Celery and Apples. Twice Baked Potato stuffed with Sweet Potato, Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese and Bacon.
Chef’s Choice Steamed Mixed Vegetables.
Santa’s White Chocolate Raspberry Cream Cake
Filled with luscious raspberry preserve and fresh whipped cream with accents of white chocolate, our superb sponge cake delivers its most outstanding performance to date.
Hello! YUM!




 Last chance for photos!
Woops, looks like Poppy borrowed my camera unbeknownst to me.  Here are a couple more from their website:
AND YES!!!! A LIVE Nativity.... including REAL CAMEL, real donkey, and real goats.  A real camel. Ok, I felt like a real kid again.  It was beautiful!  I have to say this performance was amazing.  I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Here is a Youtube of bits and pieces of the performance. It totally doesn't do justice to the rich quality of the voices. And it didn't have the fabulous rendition of the Twelve Days of Christmas.
Fun! Fun! and a grand thank you to the wonderful director/organist for such immense generosity!

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful!! I'm a huge sucker for old houses, especially Edwardian ones :).

    How neat that the church you went to was dedicated to the patron saint of music! It's looks absolutely stunning.

    I'm glad to see more public spaces are starting to bring out Nativity sets. It's about time that the world sees what Christmas is truly about :).

    Catherine
    Working by Candlelight (frugallyfancyfarmlass.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete