December 30, 2017

Saint and Inspirational Word Generators

One year when I was in Rome, we were given a holy card with a saint to endear for a year.  I remember getting St. Elizabeth Ann Seton. I just heard about a Saint Generator for getting a  Saint for the year (or whatever time frame)  Saint Generator HERE.  I got St. Ambrose of Milan which made me laugh right out loud as we are going to Milan in February (business trip for my husband) and I was hoping to get a chance to visit the relics of St. Ambrose. Well.... better get right on studying his life.

The same woman who put this together also has a word generator.  Word Generator HERE The first word Poppy and I got was simplify. Well, hello... wouldn't I love that.  But then when I went to choose one it was "Visit".  Hmmm... probably should spend more time visiting at the Adoration Chapel! :D and VISIT St. Ambrose in Milan! :D I think I'll think about the 2 words. Simplify has been a big word in my vocabulary lately.  When you have an entire school from pre-k through college level and all the reading books in between we can get our hands on, not to mention, any  number of other things a family of 14 needs (and too much we don't need)... well, simplify is a beautiful word!

And since we are a major Lord of the Rings Fans (can you tell from our blog names?) here is a LOTR's name generator HERE  I am not just "Aragorn's Wife" but "Hilda Handyman of Westmarch". I think "Hilda" is short for "Hildegard" (of which I have a fascination for St. Hildegard of Bingen".  :D

I digress.... silly me... but the saint generator is really neat and a great way to get to know a saint better (or at all!)

4 comments:

  1. I got Saint Cosmas
    Patron against blindness and against pestilence. Patron of Apothecaries, blind people, chemical manufactures, hairdressers, midwives, physicians, pharmacists, and surgeons.

    My word was 'Giggle' Hmmm... I'm not really a giggler. I don't like giggling.

    My hobbit name is Eglantine Diswell of Fair Downs.
    My Elvin name is Elvorfindra, lady of Lorien
    My dwarf name is Dynoic of Erebor
    My human name is Nydrian, QUeen of Rhovanion
    My Wizard name is Corumo, Powers of the World

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO bookmarking those name generators!!!!! I need them for *reasons* (writing reasons).

    Catherine
    frugallyfancyfarmlass.blogspot.com
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My saint is Saint Sebastian.
    And my word is bless.

    ReplyDelete