July 13, 2019

2019 - July 5-12 - Happy Birthday Rosie

 Happy 18th Birthday, Rosie!!! We took her to Fuji for hibatchi.










 Singing happy birthday, complete with drum


The cows are out... imagine that! 

 Since Frodo moved out we are in the process of rearranging. One big thing is legos. We picked up another trunk from the friend-at-the-warehouse so we now have 2. One for a coffee table in the living room (housing lunch box supplies) and one for legos...

 All legos for boys are now consolidated into 1 trunk (it's a terrifically large amount of legos)
Volley ball in the back yard

 Maria's boyfriend Celeborn was visiting for the weekend, most of the family meeting him for the first time. Fine young man!

 This is the only photo of Frodo with chicken pox, he was not contagious by this point. He was thoroughly peppered.


 Interesting place for a duck to roost. No idea whose duck this is but not one of ours.

 Our Bakery Friends offered great seating at the bakery for the fireworks. We took the ferry over.










  On Rosie's birthday we also had her graduation from high school grad party. (we originally were going to do this in May but we were hit with a bug. The fare was walking tacos.



 On the 8th I buried one of the first people I met when I came to Wisconsin in 1991. This friend will be missed. She died on July 1st, Feast of the Precious Blood. Many fond memories will live on forever.
 Cute picture she drew when she was little!







 That night the friend I went to the funeral with and I met up with another friend to go to a concert.
 I highly recommend Schola Cantorum of Eau Claire. They are AMAZING!
 Afterwards we enjoyed a treat out on Monona Terrace.
 Another frog on my car!!
 JMJm procession! This is a lovely little "camp" the littles attended.































 Kili was balancing the water cup on his head a very long ways (came in 2nd place) but when I said there was ice cream he quickened his pace and the cup fell off! :D
 Time at a friend's house!


 HUH?! Creations by my children apparently.


 There was a lice scare so we called a company to come out and search us. Supposedly we had 4 light cases.

 We were going to have to enjoy oiling our hair every night. You can imagine this did not fly with me
 The next day I called a company that does "once and done" checks. We ended up with NO LICE but having spent a fortune on the previous company ($1046) for a 9 hour check. Seriously... I was not happy. The "once and done" company said we had no trace of lice, no residue or even a slight sign we had ever had it.  This woman was horrified at what the company had done to us. ARGH. Incidentally "once and done" has a heat machine for a treatment that kills bugs and nits. So look for that. If you want to self check, check dry first, then olive oil and check again. You'll see them if they exist. But don't have someone come to your house unless they haul "once and done" technology with them. I am going to complain but I'm on the brink of a trip to New York.

 Party at the neighbors!




 Sam giving horse rides.

I had so much to do as I'm rearranging rooms and getting ready for New York so I watched the fireworks from the boys room that the neighbors set off.

No comments:

Post a Comment