I read once long ago that Bluebirds are suppose to be a sign of good luck. As we've been watching for birds this spring we noticed a Bluebird couple looking for a place to build their nest. They chose the muffler of one of our tractors! That's just our kind of luck... Murphy's Law style! As I was cleaning out some of my old emails I stumbled across this bit of a funny....
MURPHY'S LESSER KNOWN LAWS
1. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
2. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
3. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
4. Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
5. Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
6. The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
7 .If you lined up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them, five or six at a time, on a hill, in the fog.
8. If the shoe fits, get another one just like it.
9. The things that come to those who wait will be the things left by those who got there first.
10. The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
11. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
12. When you go into court, you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.
*PHEW* A few days later Aragorn picked up a bird house and put it near the tractor and the bluebirds seemed to think that a nicer place to nest!