September 8, 2007

Nativity of Our Lady

Andrea di Bartolo
Today, September 8th, we celebrate the birth of Our Blessed Mother, pure and sinless since God first created her.

To celebrate we had a formal dinner we call "High Tea". We had my SILs recipe for Chicken Mushroom Lasagna, Homemade Vanilla Pudding, Cucumbers with Cream Cheese with Chives and Scallions on bread and Angelfood cake with whip cream and strawberries. We aren't actually tea drinkers so I made my friend's Cranberry Hot "Tea". We still need to work on our presentation of the set up of the table as I notice that some of the knives and such are on the wrong side of the plates! But that's where we are at with helpers and the children really enjoyed setting up the table. We are normally way further laid back. I had to chuckle when my 11 year old said "How do we hold these cups?" The tea cups have fancy curling handles which aren't the most comfortable to hold when you are used to tupperware! We did think of Almazo Wilder's father and wonder what a messy job it must have been to be drinking out of the saucer! No one attempt to try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment