February 25, 2018

2018 - Italy - Day 5 - Bergamo - Raphael Art Exhibit

February 15, 2018

Today Eda and I went to Bergamo to a Raphael art exhibit. It wasn't only Raphael but also those inspired by him. It was incredible... if you like artwork. I probably am including far too many pictures! We actually had tickets to two art exhibits.



Walking along the cobblestone streets
In case you don't believe me that this skinny little road is not a walking path, here is a car on it!



From the other side this looked like a pile of poo, no joke. When I went around the other side it was a lamb. Not sure the meaning.











The exhibit was divided up into different rooms by time/style.
St. Michael, what more can I say?



This was a neat crucifix from a convent. I've photod both sides.




St. Sebastian is very commonly depicted in art in these parts.







































 Painting of a pig in a butcher shop... being butchered. Charming.
 This was AMAZING! IT was completely carved out of wood. Absolutely glorious!

 I cannot remember whose relic this is. 


 We stopped for a kebab for lunch.
 Panino kebab
 When we got home we had gelato with the kids: pina pinguino (penguine pie... it's not made of penguins), pistaccio, and fior di latte (flower of the mozzarella) and chocolate (not pictured).  The chocolate gelato is soooooooooooo delicious

 Making spaghetti for dinner.
 I cannot remember what this "sauce" is called but it is made with thinly sliced garlic, peperoncini (dried hot chili peppers) chopped up, olive oil, percorino cheese (hard, pungent sheep cheese, somewhat like parmesan) with spaghetti.

 Cook the garlic and perporicini in alot of oil (1/4 inch?)  Put a corner of bread in the middle to keep the oil from burning. Cook to brown the garlic.
 Finely grate the cheese.
 After the spaghetti is cooked add into the oil and toss in the the air...
 Sprinkle with cheese and stir in.
 For a spicier taste add in Peperoncini macinati.  
Here is a picture of their plate rack.



4 comments:

  1. Do you remember the names of the all the pictures? I'm curious to know the child is in the sixth to last picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't know the name of the picture. I thought the little girl (I think that is the one you mean) was so captivating.

      Delete
  2. What beautiful art!! How fun for me to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all the art pictures! They are all so beautiful!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete