June 20, 2007

New Books!


I am spending my summer preparing my lesson plans for the 2007-2008 homeschooling year. The oldest 3 will be doing the Further Up, Further In Unit Study on Narnia. The Study is "Christian" so we are adding in the Catholic dimension with Saints and of course the Catholic Bible.

Every week we spend 3 days studying the Catechism, 1 day studying the Mass and 1 day studying the Bible.

This book is a keeper!

Maps of where the various biblical stories took place with clear overlays to what the names are now during our time! We will be using this and our Bible to study from for our weekly Bible History class.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Julie,
    I would love to hear more about how you plan to use Further Up, Further In. I just received a used copy of it, and have been wondering if this would be a good fit for my 7th, 5th, and 3rd graders. How do you plan to use the books you have picked (looks like you have a lot of Middle Age titles)? You can email me privatly if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I was wondering if you saw my question?

    ReplyDelete