November 5, 2008

Let Your Sorrow Turn to Joy


But Jesus turning to them, said: Daughters of Jerusalem, weep not over me; but weep for yourselves and for your children.
Luke 23:28
Interestingly, today, when there were many tears shed by my children as they awoke to hear of the president-elect, I received my copy of mater et magistra magazine and what should the topics include... JOY! What greater joy can we find in this Vale of Tears than to ponder in our hearts the words of Our Lady?
My soul doth magnify the Lord.
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
Because he hath regarded the humility of His handmaid: for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
Because He that is mighty hath done great things to me: and Holy is His Name.
Luke 1:46-49
No matter what goes on around us no matter who holds the high offices God is with us, if for no other reason than to purify our souls that we may have greater union with Him.
I shared with a good friend of mine a passage I read yesterday from Divine Intimacy: "My God, I desire to seek but one thing, and that is to become a perfect copy of Yourself. Since Your life was a hidden life of humiliation, love, and sacrifice, such shall henceforth be mine." St. Teresa Margaret
I highly recommend finding a copy of the book Divine Intimacy. Unfortunately it is currently unavailable from the publisher. It follows daily the Traditional Calendar Liturgical Year but would certainly work to follow in the New Liturgical Calendar as well. It is truly a beautiful book.

No comments:

Post a Comment