July 25, 2010

Just More Pictures

All these neat old airplanes flew overhead today.

Not sure what the occasion was but we enjoyed the loud noise and rush of planes.

Aragorn thought there might have been about 50 of them.

Pony Saddles! Craigslist find of the day and only just up over the hill.


Only my kids would decide to ride the railing on the new-to-us pony saddles.

Frodo and Eleanor heading out to a local Fair with a couple of uncles and an aunt.


Potty Trainee really wanted to go along.

More kiddie pool time.

Around these parts "they" call those things that have water in them and you drink out of them "bubblers". They are all bubblers, any kind. Where I come from we have always called them "drinking fountains" if they have water that makes an arc. Those old fashioned kinds you find in old parks that have water that "bubbles up".... those are "bubblers. You can make your very own "bubbler" with a hose. Water really tastes best that way.

My main men are up to something very suspicious.
Galadriel

Now that I can walk, I am quite sure I can manage a bike.

Rosie

It all started with Pippin and a hose. It would be fun to spray the baby, she can't move fast enough. It would probably be fun to spray the 2 year old too.

Bilbo knew how to get even and got a cup.

Around and around they ran. The only rule is they cannot get ME wet! That water from 180 feet down is COLD!
ACK! Cold, wet baby.... attacks mom!

Cold, wet baby violates mom's water bottle.
The little guys decided to make a running dash and jump in the pool. Only odd thing about it was that they ran up hill.........! Maybe the idea was to see how hot they could get on the way.

Made some pretty grand splashes anyway.

Ok, curiosity got the better of me............

Ever Loving Wife: "So, whatcha doin'?"

Ever Loving Husband: "I'm not telling, you've got a blog and you'll post it there."

And here I am.... ever loving wife that I am. Any wild guesses? I will offer up to 1/2 our kingdom.... of course there is still a mortgage so really you'd have to pay in!


PONY RIDES! With saddles.

Pippin really is a Little Jockey.

We don't have a Parade of Homes, just a Parade of Horses.


Someone always has her nose in a book.

So I said to Galadriel, "Can you tell me why on earth Sam would leave one strip of the front lawn not cut?!"
In reply, "Oh, that's our Capture the Flag line."
Frodo and Eleanor are back from the Fair with their prizes. Most were from popping balloons with darts. Why am I not surprised they are good at that?
They kindly brought us back some treats. Cotton Candy. Oh yum, I love that stuff. Caramel Apples... please note that it was brought to my attention that mine was the one with nuts. Methinks there is a subtle hint I should take in that caramel apple (haha). And the other thing is.... please, sit down..... is... a.... deep fried............ pickle.

Yes, that is not a type-o.... Deep fried pickle.
We just tried it and.... Aragorn didn't want to talk about, the Fair goers didn't want to talk about it.... Eowyn made a simple "Yuck!"
I am so ashamed... I liked it. Nice and spicy and sour. But it was room temperature, I'm sure that was much better than if it was hot...... right....? Absolutely no connection to my temperment!

5 comments:

  1. it's a rocket stove!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a smoker or an outdoor oven. LOL

    I love the strip of grass, that's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Your husband sounds just like mine. He's threatening to end our conversations all together! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a Saint! i would not eat a deep fried pickle.
    I love your photos. You must have great joy watching all your children and seeing what they get into. After making sure everything is safe. I would have worried about your littlest in the pool. But your son and the muffler was the best. My husband was a mechanic and still fixes our cars at home. So his face did look like a tailpipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a Saint! i would not eat a deep fried pickle.
    I love your photos. You must have great joy watching all your children and seeing what they get into. After making sure everything is safe. I would have worried about your littlest in the pool. But your son and the muffler was the best. My husband was a mechanic and still fixes our cars at home. So his face did look like a tailpipe.

    ReplyDelete