November 15, 2010

Seasoned Mothers

As a mother of many and of only 2 younger-teens, I value the thoughts, opinions and experience of other mothers..... seasoned mothers. You know, the kind that don't say "Life is a bowl of cherries and this is the pits." that don't say, "You just wait, it gets worse." I have waited and now I have 2 younger-teens and I still like them! But I still hear, "Well, just wait til they are 16." Bridget, at Our Magnum Opus, is one of my favorite seasoned mothers. In this article she mentions she loves having a 17 year old. HOPE! So it isn't all hopeless afterall! There is a way to raise up-standing teens. You mean they don't have to be like that typical teen?! When I grow up, I want to be just like Bridget. Of course, it is likely I might not grow up but... there is hope.

2 comments:

  1. Your too kind. I'm embarrassed. But, truly the teen years are wonderful! They are good people and good friends. By the grace of God...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you. Teens are wonderful!!! And Bridget is a treasure...

    ReplyDelete