March 9, 2013

St. Frances of Rome

One of my (many) favorite saints is St. Frances of Rome.  She has an incredible and very beautiful life story.... during the time when there were "3 Popes" .  Her story HERE is well worth the read. The most beautiful part is that she gave up her will to live for God's Will.  As her husband lay dying these were his words to her:
I feel as if my whole life has been one beautiful dream of purest happiness. God has given me so much in your love.
Would that we should be so filled with love that such words could be said of us!  And... most especially from our own family!  It's often much easier to let those outside our own household think we are good souls, but the key is that our own family recognizes a life of virtue... which is so often not the case!  Something to work on, "Make my heart so filled with love that even my family sees the Love of God through me."  Methinks I've got a lot of work ahead of me.  :D

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Julie! What a beautiful saint! I've always liked your quote about finding Our Lord in the housework--especially on days like today. I'm cleaning up after myself. I didn't realize for some time that last night when I got home from work after an exhausting almost 14 hour shift, that I had stepped in dog poop on my way in (-: The cleanup began last night and is continuing today, and I'm trying very hard to find my Lord and offer this work to Him.

    ReplyDelete