August 31, 2013

Baby, Bugs and Oddities

 Kili is now 3-1/2 months... of course when this was taken he wasn't even 3 months. I'm sorely behind in posting pictures.
 Do you see anything askew with this corn stalk?  Yes... the corn is growing out the top.  Odd.
 Solar panels gets to be an addiction I think!
 A cicada
 An inch worm
 Sam's most recent rendition of his thrasher.  It will take dried beans or peas and shell them for you.  Yes, he built this himself.... and it works.
 Yes. I know!  Totally awesome PRAYING MANTIS!!! I have never, ever seen one in our neck of the woods but used to love seeing them when I grew up in NY.    Frodo found it outside.  This is about the only bug I like. Maybe because it is praying. :D

 Tis the season for juicing and making jellies.
 The boys picked wild plums down the road and then we were sent more.  We've made many quarts of jellies.
 Pippin was just dying to pen up the spout.... and spill hot juice over the kitchen floor?
 Kili dressed up in real duds. He's a baby for crying out loud, he should still be in sleepers... then again so should his sister but at 16, I suppose that's just silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment