April 9, 2017

Cool to be Uncool

 Marigold and Friends' baby Lucia
 With Immaculate Heart Homeschoolers we hosted outdoor Stations of the Cross at our house.


 Afterwards we had a potluck and a nerf war in the basement.



 Typical scene on the coffee table
I made Darci's mint toothpaste. It was great!
Incidentally, she is my FAVORITE vlogger. She's hilarious, she's wild, she crazy, she's holy, she's Catholic, she always makes me smile.  Check out her YouTube HERE!  Here is her blog as well. 

 The land of Ever-A-Project-N'er-Done.
 In case you were wondering if the Wandering Jew was still around, he is, I found him in one of our bedrooms.
 Project Sink continues...
 Finally was able to start some seeds.

 For Pippin's birthday we went to Fuddruckers.
 I'm not sure why all my birthday photos didn't come through in the last post, but lest the birthday twins feel gyped, here are the rest of them.  2 store cakes. Lethal. But that's they way it happened.



 Naturally the animals got out with the nice weather. This time the horses escaped as well, they were very happy about it... the chasers weren't so much.
 One of my friends bought a 66" Fatima statue!  It's nearly 100 years old.  That means it was one of the early production ones. The face is very lovely.

 Our ducklings arrived. 31 arrived and 4 died. They are so cute and furry.

 When we went for our Holy Hour the Thursday before Passion Sunday, the statues were covered and ready.
 Found 12 empty Easter baskets and hopefully when I go to fill them up there is a little something for each one.  That's one drawback to 12 children, there is always a chance that someone might get forgotten.
 Here we just wanted to prove that it's cooler to be uncool. the cool do's just don't cut it on uncool people.
 That would be us. I quickly straightened up the coolness with a clippers so we could return to our regularly scheduled uncoolness. But I forgot to take a picture.
 One of my favorite books is "Make Way for Ducklings".  It's much nicer to be able to take the ducklings outsite.

 On Passion Sunday Bruno was born to one of my SILs Ewes and wasn promptly abandoned. We said we'd take it, afterall we were pro's at abandoned lambs... we did this once before.


 We were able to avoid the learning curve with diapering lambs as we already knew everything.
 However, once again, we actually did have a learning curve as Bruno is a boy and last year's lamb (now in a friend's freezer) was a girl.
 Once again I had to google diapering lambs.  Sure enough, boys need a "belly band" 2nd diaper... if you want to have the house stay dry... which, believe me, you do.
 Kili likes to help with the feedings. I got to be the mom... surprise.... and fed the critter every 2 hours for the first 24 hours, every 3 hours for the next 48 hours, then every 4 hours and today we started every 6 hours.  It will be nice to sleep at a stretch again.  6 whole hours straight!
 I went with a couple of friends to the Immaculate Heart of Mary Conference in Milwaukee.  I was blessed to see a very long time on-line friend (probably 15 years), actually, it was the first time I ever met her in person.  Mary Ellen Barrett is one of the most amazing women I know!  AND she gave 2 talks. I was truly delighted.
 This is just so I don't lose this list of sources for art. I haven't checked them out yet. I would love to find some kind of drawing course for older children. I had a great one when I was in high school and I am still hoping to find one for Eleanor in particular.   So, don't mind me, that is a bizarre photo but has reason behind it.
 It's nice enough weather up north here to be able to let the lamb stay out all day. That saves alot of money since it takes 2 diapers to diaper the little guy.


 Aragorn and I went out for Hibachi. I haven't had Hibachi since I was in high school and my parents took me there.




 Finally getting our garden in order.  We planted the "We like cooler weather" seeds: lettuce, carrots, peas, and radishes.  Inside I am attempting the plants. We shall see... likely I'll go in and buy some plants and never do seedlings again, but we'll see. I don't have a particularly green thumb... and we all have a green weed thumb.
 Samwise forever with his nose in a machine or engine or something that roars.
 Rosie and Kili on the trampoline.







 Helpers of all sizes

 Someone gave us some goldfish so here they are. I wonder what we do with them in the winter?






I really like juicing, thanks to my friend Darci (mentioned above). I had won a juicer on one of her previous blogs.  I still use it. It's such a great way to get lots of fruits and veggies in. I just throw it all in, carrots, garlic, onion, spinach, pineapple, apples, oranges, strawberries, blueberries, tomato, lemon (or lime).  I forgot to take a picture of the drink itself. Although it has quite a few veggies it is very fruity (not like a V8)

No comments:

Post a Comment