August 19, 2018

Day 6 Part One - Cemetery, Wade W. O'Hara Agricultural Museum

 Wednesday, Day 6, after Mass, I was on my way to find my old friend Heidi's grave. The above map was to find another person I knew had passed away. Of course there are only "areas" in which to find the grave. So I was on the look out
 I found this "Maher" grave and the man who died had been a freemason. A good priest friend of ours, Fr. Shamon, (may he rest in peace) visited him on his death bed. Father was able to hear his confession and get him straight with God and receive Last Rites. Then he asked if he'd like to be enrolled in the brown scapular. On the "Amen" he died. Deo gratias!
 This grave caught me by surprise as the name of this woman was the name of a woman I took care of in the hospital during my college years as a nursing assistant.  I loved that job. I remember this lady specifically because we were waiting for her to die to put ice on her eyes. She was donating her beautiful eyes.
 A really nice man who said he does his "cardio" in this huge old cemetery helped me find Heidi's grave. Heidi Hyrcko. She was born with a hole in her heart and died when she was 12, just months after I met her as I had switched schools that year, just long enough to meet and get to know Heidi. She was such a sweet girl. I never forgot her all those years and pray for her daily.
 I was bound and determined to go back the next day and clean her grave.
 Next we went to an agricultural Museum near our cabin. Wade W. O'Hara Agricultural Museum. IT looks like a tiny building on the outside but it was HUGE! It was an amazing array of 1800 and 1900's agriculture. And... everything is labeled!





 The price of coffins has certainly gone up since 1860.




















 I don't think selfies or groupies are cool. I think it is a sure way of making memories of yourself looking really oddly shaped. I was taking a picture of this button box for Galadriel and chuckled as the top of the box was a mirror. So here I have a mirrored selfie... *chuckle*










 Attending school













 This was really fascinating.


















 This was Eleanor's special friend. 


This was a Fontanini Nativity set, not quite as big as ours haha.

 Miniature circus exhibit



 Since I love doll houses, I had to take pictures of every angle.










 Eleanor playing the 1800's piano



I never had any idea how many different kinds of barbed wire there was.
 Making friends


 Making special friends










 Outhouse races?

 A rope bed. Can you imagine?  The "box spring" was just ropes.














 Fancy toilet










We had spent over an hour just quickly going through the whole museum and this, seriously is what it looks like from the roadside. There are videos in various rooms about the topic (none of which we watched).  

 Back at the lake we were dodging the rain. 




 Dad and Bridey

No comments:

Post a Comment