August 19, 2018

Day 6 Part Two - Fort Hill Cemetery

 Stopped by to find yet another grave in St. Joseph's Cemetery. Brian Bisgrove. The son (in his 20's) of long time family friends.

 Next we went to Fort Hill Cemetery which is a beautiful cemetery.

 In case you ever want to visit the family of Seward's graves, they are buried here in Glen Haven section 14. Since we had just been to their home, we felt like going to visit their graves.
 Seward and his wife

 This is Fanny's grave. She died in her early 20's and had been a favorite daughter of Seward's.



 Harriet Tubman's grave.


 There are also some other famous people I never heard of buried in this cemetery. next time I'd like to get a tour.  One man buried here rode with Custer into battle.


 After lunch, which was kids eat free at Johnny Angel's, we went to the cemetery in Skaneateles. This is dedicated to the unborn.
 Here my Uncle Jim, Aunt Kathy and cousin Bobby are buried.



 Then I happened to find the grave of Mike Koziol. He was the owner (handing it over to his son) at the time I worked as a dish washer and prep at the Mandana Inn.
 My parents bought their plots and headstone for when their day comes. Love the crucifix on it! The back will have his war vet plaque.
 Back at the lake the storms were brewing. It was really neat to watch it blow in.
 The waters were so smooth except where you could see the choppy waters coming.




 We celebrated my mom's 76th birthday with a lovely cke made by one of my nieces. YUM!

 Grandma and some of the kids









No comments:

Post a Comment