October 27, 2019

A Prayer

An internet friend sends out lovely, uplifting emails. This time she had composed a little prayer she made up after her Rosary. I think many may benefit by reciting this:

I thank you God for the family that you have given me. You gave us each other for a reason.
Despite the many problems and differences, they are still my family.
I beg you Lord, that those family members who have misunderstandings eventually see the truth.
I know we must always put love, mercy, and charity first.
Help us all remember that before uncharitable words or gossip leave our lips.
I want to be the first person in doing this.
Teach all of us the way of patience and holiness...even if restoration of relationships doesn't occur in this life.
Teach us to be peacemakers, remove the barriers of division, may forgiveness break hate and bring only love.
I pray peace, love, and blessings upon those who have hurt me (and my children) in word or deed.
I pray forgiveness for any hurt I may have caused because of it.
I implore You, with my heart prostrate before Your presence, to save their souls...and mine as well.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment