October 27, 2019

St. Paul's Cathedral and Fort Snelling


 I took Kili grocery shopping with me. At Costco he see's this (above) and says, "Wow, that's a really ugly hobbit!" 😂

 Glorious fall colors.
 Hello?? The day before  I was leaving with 7 kids for St. Paul for the weekend?!


 Kili got recognition for his great attention and black belt attitude. He does a great job at Taekwondo in their tigers.
 The 4ish hour trip to St. Paul went quickly. First stop was St. Paul's Cathedral.





 This is the baptistery where I was baptized.



 Replica of Michelangelo's Pieta







 Interesting to see what is behind the main altar.

 In the basement was a replica of St. Paul's Cathedral made out of legos.

 Next we went to Fort Snelling National Cemetery.


 Then we went over to the Historic Fort Snelling.

 Oldest building in MN built in 1820. The Fort/garrison/barracks are kept in pristine condition.








 Views from the top of the fort

 Kili pretending to shoot from atop the fort. haha





 Ammunition
Canon balls are heavy.

 Met this lovely elderly gentleman who was 93 years old and a World War II veteran. Had to get my picture taken with him!
 Looking down into the well, which yes, does have water in it!.


 Demonstrations

















 1820's uniform

 A Howard! I doubt it's a relative since... he's darker than any Howards I know! :D But who knows...


 I could enlist!








Demonstration in making stuffed squash.






















 Artillery and drills




























No comments:

Post a Comment