July 20, 2021

NY Old Photos

 

mMom

Grandma and Grandpa Maher, behind them stood Fr. Sheen (great uncle on Grandma's side, and Great Aunt Catherine Long (great aunt on my Grandpa's side)

11 of the 12 siblings (dad's side). Uncle Bob had died long before I was born


This phot of my dad's family reminds me of the infamous pie story. My grandma was a great baker (and cook). She would make pies (and pies for a family with 8 boys and 4 girls, means alot of pies). After receiving a long list of pies for dessert selection, Grandpa who was hard of hearing turned to Uncle Jim and asked was she said, he said, "Tell her chocolate" so he did. Of which that was not a pie on the list. We found it hilarious.... grandma didn't. 😂

HAHA! My 5th grade "Olin Mills" photo

Sheila who we called "Chumpy Middle" because she was plump as a baby.
My mom's parents Grandma and Grandpa O'Brien.
Bridy turned Bridey when she got married.

Nora coined by the neighbors as Normaliniscallopini then she becaume known as Normal, then Abnormal, then Abby
Hand embroidery by great grandma McQuillen



Mom as a baby/tot







Photo from Uncle Bernie's bapstims (baby before my dad was born - dad was #11)

Grandma and Grandpa O's 55th wedding anniversary in Nebraska





Sheila's First Holy Communion Ukrainian style  pictured with Sr. Boniface below


Fr. Charles












Lucky!!!



Photo with Fr. Albert Shamon may he rest in Peace






























I babysat (as did my sisters) for Patti who had down syndrome. Sweetest girl!












No comments:

Post a Comment