June 29, 2008

Sts. Peter and Paul


Simon:
Thou art Christ, the Son of the living God....
Christ:
Blessed art thou, Simon BarJona, because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but My Father who is in Heaven: and I say to thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build My Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it; and I will give thee the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven...

And in honor of Our Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI ... Be sure to view this blogging from WDTPRS Slavishly accurate liturgical translations & frank commentary on Catholic issues - by Fr. John Zuhlsdorf o{]:¬) *snicker - love it* and note the pictures as you scroll down of the Holy Father distributing Our Lord to the Faithful *on their knees* and *on the tongue*.


Saul, Saul, why dost thou persecute me?

Yet, inspite of Saul's outright persecution against Christ... God Himself chose St. Paul as one of His greatest saints:

The Lord said... for this man is to Me a vessel of election, to carry My name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel. For I will show him how great things he must suffer for My Name's sake.

None the less, this shortly after the death of St. Stephen aided and abetted by none other than our dear St. Paul. I often wonder what the meeting was between St. Paul and St. Stephen at the Pearly Gates!

And thus begins the Pauline Year (to which I am still doing my homework). All you talented home-educators do share your ideas, with those of us less talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment