February 11, 2013

Pope Benedict XVI Resigning


Ok, there are few things that shock me, but today I was shocked.  Our Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI is resigning as of February 28th due to health issues.  This not only shocked me but brought tears to my eyes.... which might just turn to sobs!  He brought us so far in the freedom to offer the Traditional Latin Mass and Sacraments freely to which I am profoundly grateful and we love him so very much!  We must pray very diligently and offer many sacrifices to the Holy Spirit for our next Holy Father.  I would imagine the evil one will be working overtime these next couple weeks.

Vatican Radio:  Pope's full text HERE

NY Times Article HERE

1 comment:

  1. My heart is with yours! It was just a couple of weeks ago that I heard a talk about baptism and the priest was praising Pope Benedict for this--being able to celebrate the Traditional Rite of Baptism which is SOOO beautiful. In his talk, after he thanked the Pope he said, "May he reign forever!" That brought a smile of wishful agreement from me--and yes, sobbing now. Sobbing and praying. Pray, pray, pray. Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for us!

    ReplyDelete