November 27, 2014
Thanksgiving - Feast of Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal
With I ask that everyone who reads this offer a Hail Mary for a special intention for someone I know who needs a miracle of Graces for conversion, to come back to the Faith.
HERE. To sum up:
1. Squanto was Catholic!
2. First American Thanksgiving was celebrated on September 8th, Our Blessed Mother's birthday, in 1565 in St. Augustine, Florida.
3. The second American Thanksgiving was April 30, 1598. Explorer Onate requested the Friars to say a Mass of Thanksgiving then they feasted on duck, goose, and fish.
4. Puritan Pilgrims, strict Calvinists, were anti-Catholic.
5. The same unjust laws that caused the Calvinist Separatists to flee England, were the same injustices that lead to the crown of martrydom for St. Thomas More, St. John Fisher, St. Edmund Campion...
6. "Thanksgiving" in Greek is "Eucharistia". Thus the Body and Blood of Christ is the true "Thanksgiving Meal"
Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine,
There's always laughter and good red wine.
At least I've always found it so.
A most blessed Thanksgiving to all! A beautiful day to give thanks to God for all the blessings He has bestowed on us.