January 29, 2007

Housekeeping Meme

Heather tagged me for this fun meme! I'm tagging Bridget
Aprons – Y/N?
Yes! Got mine from Country Porch, they have huge "pocketsies"!
Baking – Favorite thing to bake:
Good ol' fashioned oatmeal cookies/bars.
Clothesline – Y/N?
Yes! Most definitely!
Donuts – Have you ever made them?
Oddly, never. But my husband makes terrific fritters!
Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day:
Dishes
Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yes, in the pantry.
Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
NO WAY! That was one thing I didn't want, scares me to death, I think I heard too many "spoons in the disposal" stories.
Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
Fannie Farmer Cookbook!
Ironing – Love it or hate it?
Hate it....... but God is good, my 9 year old loves it!
Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
We have so much junk we don't have *a* drawer we have an entire cabinet! (it is a small cabinet, I hope that helps!)
Kitchen: Design & Decorating?
We're still working on it but we have a neat island and are going to put some kind of tile backsplash. The cabinets are very tall so lots of room. The only thing I really miss is a window over my kitchen sink. But now that my girls do most of the dishes....... it's not missed over-much! :D
Love: What is your favorite part of homemaking?
Being home with the children and cooking together.
Mop - Y/N?
Yes! Is there an alternative?!
Nylons - Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
Machine. (Naughty! Sorry mom!) Although I'm not into disposables... I think I could really get into disposable nylons for me and disposable socks for the children.
Oven - Do you use the window, or open the door to check?
Door.... Didn't know one could ever see in those windows! (even on a new oven!)
Pizza - What do you put on yours?
Sausage and mushroom for the family, though I prefer to go to my childhood favorite of pepperoni, mushroom and onion.
Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Check my email, read blogs, Browse the 4RealLearning boards or read... after the children are grown I'll pull out the scrapbooking.
Recipe card box - Y/N?
Yes!
Style of house -
Dunno what it's called. One main floor and a very large loft on 51 acres.
Tablecloths and napkins - Y/N?
Tablecloths for holidays. Napkins always!
Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland?
Organized! But we keep our stainless steel with carbon filter dog and compost pails there so inside those may be considered toxic!
Vacuum - How many times per week?
Vacuum? what's that? No carpets.
Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do a week?
Since we got the new big front loader only about 1 a day.
X's - Do you keep a daily list of things to do and cross them off?
Most definitely!
Yard - Who does what?
The children do the lawn ornaments, husband does the grass, I pretend I have a green thumb.
Zzz's - What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Hot Cocoa with husband! (and Flylady's Shiny Sink!)

No comments:

Post a Comment