June 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Merry!

Merry turned 6 today. This was a giant chocolate chip cookie.... notice how nicely it is decorated. That is because I bought it at the store.

Our birthday *thing* is the birthday kid doesn't have to do their chores for the day and he gets to pick out the meals. I have already forgotten what happened at breakfast and I wish he had chosen something more noble and impressive than corn dogs for lunch and Rocky Rococo's Pizza for dinner!
This was the cake that Galadriel made. Since I forgot to get candles she very cleverly wrote a 6 in the frosting.... cake decorating is genetic! It's ok, we are about taste... and lots of calories... rather than the picturesque.

Tell me you didn't start humming the theme to Little House on the Prairie!

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Merry! Rocky Roccoco...mmm, excellent choice! Takes me back, I miss drive thru pizza. (We have drive thru beer barns here in Texas, but drive thru pizza is harder to come by.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday sweetie pie!

    Love,
    Your Godmother

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Julie,
    We too have the 'no chores for the day' thing here and the kids lve it. They also chose the birthday dinner , ut not lunch etc
    Seriously is that pizza drive through. I have never heard of that>
    Happy Birthday to your speicial boy
    God less
    Gae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! What sweet smiles on a handsome boy!

    Love,
    Uncle J., Auntie M. and cousins

    ReplyDelete