September 17, 2012

Second Breakfast Invitation

JOIN US on Friday, September 21st @ 11am SHARP... wherever in the world you are... for Second Breakfast!
 

75 years ago on the 21st September, J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit was published for the very first time. To mark the glorious 75th anniversary, we’re inviting you to celebrate hobbit-style: with a scrumptious Second Breakfast!

Inspired by the ideals cherished by hobbits everywhere: camaraderie, companionship and, of course, a love of good food, The Hobbit Second Breakfast is your chance to pop the kettle on, sit down with friends, family or colleagues, and take a moment to eat, drink and be merry.

So wherever you are in the world at 11am (sharp) on 21st September, come and join us for a hobbit celebration. We’re looking forward to it!

Taken from ... so ...visit... Hobbit Second Breakfast for Details and Menu

In preparation:  the making of hobbit cloaks
 Galadriel
Eowyn

Here is our menu:
Lemon Poppy Seed Cakes RECIPE
Cranberry Scones RECIPE
Apple Tart RECIPE
Crusty Bloomer RECIPE email me  (crusty french baguette)
Butter, Jam & Honey
Granola
Fruit
Lemonade
Tea
Eggs
Cheese
Veggie Sausages (because it is Friday)
(on non-Fridays Hobbits will eat normal sausages, bacon and pork pies)


5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, we'll be on the road at that time, driving from LA to Sacramento--and I have a bazillion things to do before we leave. I wonder if I can squeeze in the making of some breakfast items and we can join the fun "on the road" (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, well, I forwarded your link to my 18 year old son, who will be our main driver since my husband can't join us and he says, "Mom, I don't care where we are, we're stopping at 11 for second breakfast!!" And my husband, who teaches "middle school" is going to squeeze it into the curriculum. See what you started? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT is GREAT! I laughed right out loud! Be sure to share!! Golly, it would be funny if you were parked on the side of the road at 11am sharp, somewhere eating seed cakes!!

    However, to give credit were credit is due, one of my SILs sent me the initial link and I was delighted! We will only have 25 minutes to get ourselves fed as the kids have classes and we have to leave at 11:25... sharp :D

    ReplyDelete