December 3, 2011

Nuttin' Much

 Do you think I'm cute?
 Marigold and my friend's cat not quite trusting one another.... but thinking about it.
 So, Merry needs a balance.  Where was the balance I had bought? Why it was in a number of pieces out in the yard. Where else?  Within a short while Sam had made a new one. 
 Much more interesting than the store-bought one anyway.  And it does the job.

 So... I came up with this brilliant idea to make up my own advent-and-12-days-of-Christmas calendar.  Behind each door has an activity to accomplish (like clean out the front closet... which is done so please, open the door if you come here... it's ok... you won't be harmed in the process...) or celebrate (during the 12 Days).  Anyway....
 I son'r knoq hoq mux Ack... take two.  I don't know how much time I spent getting images for this project but I figured I'd only have to do the images once so it was worth it.  The images honored the feast day or some symbol or other.
 So then all I'd have to do was cut the doors open.  Have you ever tried to cut an advent calendar out with an exacto knife on a self-healing mat?   (that is not some kind of yoga mat, that is a special mat for cutting with knives on and it heals itself, just want to make sure we are on the same page here)  Anyway, I will never do that again, so don't ask me to make one for you.  Next year I'll just take those jobs or whatever we end up doing for our sacrifices and putting them in a jar to grab out of.

 But I did find this beautiful Advent Calendar (Amazon), and each day has a short little scripture quote.
There was a battle going on in the boys' room.  There is always a battle going on in the boys' room.

1 comment:

  1. Exquisite Advent calendar from Amazon. And super clever Mama Advent calendar with chores behind it!!! You mean I can get my kids to do chores that way?! Love it!!! (No, they already are: they're bustling about doing good deeds in order to put hay in Jesus' creche. But it's cool to think that I could *assign* chores.)

    ReplyDelete