June 11, 2019

2019 June 11 Seriate, Italy

 Starting the day with a nice breakfast of prosciutto and other meats, chewy rolls with cream cheese and apricot jelly.  Simply tasty.
 Eda kindly took me out for a walk around the neighborhood while, Tom, Massimo, Ding Kai had their meetings.

 Seriate is an old town so many older looking buildings.

 Church of Holy Redeemer

 Baptismal font









 I was a bit disturbed by this, the stairs are gone! I couldn't figure out where they would have gone either.






 This was a school for Russian Christians if I translated correctly.
 Leftover lunch of fuzolli pasta and sauce, seafood plus bread and a salad.

Tom on the other hand went to lunch at a place that specializes in "meat of the horse". Just seems all wrong haha!
 
 

 The train right below the house. Didn't bother me, even though it started up at 5 am.
 Eda, Valerio, and I went to dinner at a Chinese restaurant. It was very good. I ordered the hot and sour soup. Picante! Spicy! and delicious! I also had some bread and sweet and sour chicken, not served with rice. That was different but it was very good.
Valerio. After dinner we went to Gelato di Paradiso and had some... Gelato. I had chocolate and pino pinguino. Do I need to say "Yum?"

On a very different note, working on figuring out where to go when we get to Milan this weekend and, in looking at the impossibility to get tickets into the Last Supper of Leonardo da Vinci (though I had tried many weeks ago), I thought this translation amusing:
ATTENTION: it is forbidden to enter the museum with bulky hills 

A video of the view from the patio/veranda that wraps around Massimo and Eda's flat where we are staying this week. I spend alot of time out here since Tom is at meetings. I read, work on my Italian with Duolingo, practice Taekwondo...


Eda graciously took me out to walk around Seriate. We stopped in the Church of the Blessed Redeemer (Holy Redeemer). Here is a video of it. Very lovely. The ceiling artwork is lovely. Need to find an artist for our church back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment