June 6, 2019

Stuff and Start of Business Trip

Galadriel and I went up to St. Mary's in Wausau for Mass prior to visiting a long time friend of mine who is sick and dying.
 The church is magnificent!  

 I had a most blessed visit with Anna. Please pray for her, as I type her hospice care providers have said that she is in her last stages.

 My phone/camera doesn't do glorious sunsets in a very glorious manner.
 This Khaki Campbell duck hatched 10 ducklings! 2 did not hatch. There is also another who is setting on eggs (setting? sitting?) another dozen. We had gotten these ducks because they were good for eggs, however, we did not like the eggs and try as we might to get them to live down at the pond, they insisted on living up by the house.
 Sparring chickens

 Dwarf Lilac isn't really very dwarfy any more. And not everyone has a dragon baby!
 Tooth number 2 came out. After showing me (with glee) he goes on to tell me the tooth fairy is going to come. Huh? We've never done the tooth fairy. haha I wonder if there really is one? haha
 One of our homeschooling group members lives at Camp Gray. She graciously offered to host a field trip with compass orienteering, archery, and a climbing wall. It was awesome!


















 



 
 

 Lots of swimming these days, though I find it way too cold. I have gotten in up to my ankles, it's warming up though so I look forward to swimming.
 Kili is swimming!

 Aragorn has business in Italy so we were on our way to Chicago to stay in a park 'n fly. Prior to leaving, I got a travel blessing, always a good idea.
We had dinner at this nice little restaurant. The waitress was telling us that the same owners have run it since 1977 and have always made all their own sauces and everything is hand cut, hand rolled, etc.. It was very good. I gathered that they were from China. The woman who owns it (with her husband) was impressed we were using chop sticks. She said, "real Chinese food is eaten with chop sticks"... we decided it tastes better with chopsticks. Maybe because you have to work so hard to eat it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment